Sunday, November 20, 2016

“Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” ― Mark Twain



There are many, many times when the best expression of what I want to say has already been said.  Christ talked about kindness and demonstrated it over and over.  It was a key focus of the early church and should be the key focus of the contemporary church.  I have written about it many times, but I am also clever enough to know when someone else has expressed it far better than I ever could.  So I give you this written by St. Paul in his epistle to the Ephesians 4:31–5:2.  I can’t say it any better, so I will just let him speak today.  If you have ears, hear.  Read this slowly, then read it aloud, then read it to someone else and talk about it.  Make it your central focus today.  

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, with all malice, and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Paul said it, I believe it.  You do it.
Post a Comment