Tuesday, July 5, 2016

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.” ― Walt Whitman

It wasn’t a holiday here, yesterday, so we got the new 3,000 liter water tank up on its twenty-foot-high concrete pedestal and hooked up all the plumbing.  We fill it every day from a well (takes about 45 minutes) and then use gravity feed to get it to all the faucets, toilets, sinks, showers, bathtubs and such.  We had to turn the water off for the entire day and boy do you forget how much you use something until you can’t use it at all.  Really glad to hear it was all done and things were as back to normal as they get around here.  John’s working in Dar Es Salaam this week, so Karen and I are on our own.  We do all right for a couple of old folks in their seventies.  Karen is having the old water tank cut up to make a playhouse for the preschool kids.  She is still creative and thinking of others all the time.  Me, I’m walking unaided almost all the time now but still wearing an ankle brace to make sure I don’t re-injure it.  I do push my empty wheelchair a lot (don’t use the walker at all—too slow) just in case I’m too tired to walk back.  The malaria having killed thousands of red blood cells left me weak, but I am getting stronger every day.  Still have sciatic pain in my good leg, but the doc says a lot of old folks have that.  I don’t think of myself as an “old folk” but I don’t correct my doctor.  I loved watching the Formula One race this past Sunday because my son in New York and I have a “hang-out” where we can talk while we watch the race together and it’s all free.  A great visit and it makes the race more exciting, especially since we both root for the same guy, Lewis Hamilton.  Ya’ll have a good day and remember to be kind.
Post a Comment