Saturday, June 11, 2016

Yesterday was rather full and a little too exciting for an old man with a bad ankle.  The master cylinder of the braking system on the car went out at a bad time, but there was no damage to the car or any living things.  We (well, Shaban) did get the car repaired in Musoma, but while that was going on, Karen cut her thumb on a tin can, and we had to call a taxi to take her to the hospital to get a tetanus shot.  Shaban was gone with the car, John was busy with new equipment that came in the mail, so I was pretty much alone with Sissie.  I sent Rachel with Karen to the hospital as Karen’s Swahili is limited.  Whenever John and Karen are both absent, Sissie goes kinda nuts.  She just cries and runs from room to room looking for them, especially Karen.  The only way to calm her down is to hold her and pet her, so I did for about two hours.  It makes her happy and lowers my blood pressure, so everybody wins—except I can’t get any work done.  While all this was going on we had an underground water pipe burst, and I had to get a workman in to repair it with help from our own workers (while holding Sissie).  Got that sorted, and the bank called to say I had accidentally post-dated a check and they couldn’t cash it, so, after getting the car fixed, Shaban had to go back to Musoma to get a new check cashed.  I needed the money because Bishop Monto has to travel to Dar Es Salaam next week to pay our taxes on our church trustees and that needs to be done before our next court date.  Bishop Monto will be by on Sunday to get his tax and travel and accommodation money for his trip.  In addition, Bishop Festo, came by yesterday to get the bus fare money to get our seminary students back to Arusha for the next term.  No rest for the weary and a constant drain on our less than strong finances, yet God always delivers.  The picture at the right is of John holding Sissie as they watch for Karen to get out of the taxi when she returned from the hospital.  She has to go back July 11th for a booster, but she said the doctor and nurses were all very nice and friendly.  Just a day in the life of a missionary in Africa.  Normal stuff.
Post a Comment