Monday, May 2, 2016

“If God gives you something you can do, why in God's name wouldn't you do it?” ― Stephen King

When I was much younger, I wondered and questioned as all teenage-angst driven young people did.  Why was I here?  What is the meaning of life?  What is my purpose?  Does God exist?  I think almost all of us have asked some of these questions or all of them at one time or another.  I never did find the answers to all of them.  I did learn the hard way that God does indeed exist, but it still took me decades to understand that I was important to Him and that He loved me.  As we grow in years and experience, we still question but for Christians the questions change.  We begin to wonder things like--will the world be a better place because I was in it?  Will I or have I made a difference in this life to one or to many?  Does my wife truly love me and is she proud of me?  Do my children truly love me and are they proud of me?  Have I done what God wanted me to do with my life?  Will God be pleased with what I have done with my life?  I know the answer to some of these, and some of these won’t be answered until I am no more of this earth.  The important thing is that finally and first I listened to God and answered His call.  Others have told me I have made a difference to many others, but I don’t really know for sure—and won’t until God welcomes me to His home and then those questions will finally be answered.  Today’s blog is short but important because the final question, for me anyway, is--will I hear God say, “Well done, my good and faithful servant.”  It’s all I want to hear, and if I hear it, all the questions I may have had will be answered or rendered immaterial.  I pray often and listen often, hoping that I am doing what God wants of me.  I pray that you are, too.
Post a Comment