Monday, February 8, 2016

“You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do.” ― Kurt Vonnegut

Recovery is a slow, painful process that only gives tiny rewards every day, but it is so worth it.  One of my favorite quotes is, "I never said it would be easy, only worth it."  I am beginning to understand that now.  I was raised always to pay my debts, but I have been pilling up debts here that I can never repay--only be eternally grateful.  My staples still need to be removed, I need a little more physical therapy, and we need to raise the money to get home--other than that, things are pretty good, far better than I deserve anyway.  We also had the delight of greeting our Bunda neighbors on their way back from furlough in Australia.  They will be back in Bunda tomorrow, but we have had a great visit with them.  They are such wonderful missionaries and have been in Bunda as long as we have.  A terrific family of seven who love Africa and serving God.  Our hosts here in Nairobi continue to overwhelm us with their kindness, love, and patience.  They are German missionaries who used to do mission work in Tanzania and are doing a fantastic job here in Nairobi.  I have physical therapy today that I dread and want in equal measures--such is life.  To my Carolina friends, there's always next year.  To my Colorado friends, well done.  I didn't get to see it, of course, and no one here even knew what it was, but I did.  I also know that God doesn't give me more than I can handle, but I wish He didn't trust me so much (Mother Teresa quote).  Hoping to be back to work in Bunda next week, I am still thankful and needing your prayers as are John and Karen.  God bless you all.
Post a Comment