Saturday, February 6, 2016

“Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.” ― Henry James

I am alive today thanks to so many acts of kindness, I couldn't begin to count them all.  It was like (and still is) living in a cloud of kindness.  From the medevac pilots, to our workers, my sons, fellow missionaries, doctors, nurses, physical therapists, and even the security people at the hospital who frequently had to help get me up off of the toilet--not what they signed up for.  The German missionary where we are staying cut up an old chair so that the toilet would not be a problem.  His wife cut my hair and has gone out of her way to help me and to help Karen see a Tropical Doctor to work on some of her problems.  There are not enough "thank you"s in the world to even begin to properly thank all those who have helped.  One thing is very clear, however.  There are people in this world whose hearts live for others first--always.  There is no way in this world I could have ever deserved the kindness I have received.  It reminds me of one definition of grace--getting the good thing you could never deserve and not getting the bad things you certainly deserve.  God bless each of you who thinks of others first.  The world would be a cold, nasty place to live without you in it.
Post a Comment