Monday, February 29, 2016

“Faith doesn't come in a bushel basket. It comes one step at a time. Decide to trust Him for one little thing today, and before you know it, you find out He's so trustworthy you’ll be putting your whole life in His hands.” ― Lynn Austin

It is hard for me, but necessary, to accept small improvements as positive accomplishments.  I have to remember that it takes four months or so for a torn tendon to heal which means it will be in May or the first part of June before I’ll be back to normal (or as normal as I get).  Karen is doing a good job of keeping me exercising: both ankles, both legs, both arms, and just standing up and sitting down.  I’d be doing a lot better but I’ve got sciatic nerve pain that feels like electric shocks running up and down the back of my legs.  They only last a few seconds, but it’s long enough to get my attention.  I can get around with my walker, but I go very slowly and each step involves a little pain.  Surprisingly, it doesn’t bother me much.  I’ve begun to take each feeling of pain as a time to pray.  I am praying many times every time I walk, however far.  I remember Dee Dee Autry told me she used the finger depressions on her steering wheel as a kind of rosary so that she would pray as she ran her hands over her steering wheel.  I don’t hurt all the time and have periods of several hours at a time when I have no pain at all.  I also pray during those times—you know, during the feast as well as during the famine.
     A crown on a molar fell out last night, and I realized I couldn’t go to the dentist, so I was pretty miserable until Shaban said he was friends with a dentist in Musoma who would come here to the house to cement it back in.  It will cost me $50 plus his bus fare, but I would have happily paid twice that.  I don’t know why but God always seems to take care of His clowns and fools—and I fall into both categories.  I have almost a hundred thank-you notes to write and there are almost as many who gave money but didn’t give their name.  How blessed I am and just didn’t realize how if I put things in God’s hands, it would all work out.  Not with rose petals and perfume, but with the pain and problems, God’s love through the kindness of others keeps me smiling and dedicated to improving every day.





Post a Comment