Tuesday, November 10, 2015

“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” ― John Holmes

When I first heard Josh Groban sing “You Raise Me Up,” there was no question that he was singing about Christ and how He has always raised me up.  I don’t think that Christ was in the mind of Josh when he wrote the song, but it affected me so powerfully that I couldn’t think of anything else.  It has been sung by almost every singer and choir all over the world.  If you have never heard it, hear it first from these two amazing Japanese children.  The boy is ten years old and the girl is younger, but I don’t know her age.
I also offer you here a truly Christian sermon with “You Raise Me Up” sung by Josh Groban with scenes from "The Passion of the Christ" as the music to the story.  It’s a pretty powerful interpretation, and I think you will like it.

I’m giving you these videos as gifts to brighten your day.  They make me cry and inspire me to become a better Christian and a better man.  Of course, if you want to see my favorite video of this song, watch the one below.
I hope you have enjoyed today’s blog and that you were able to see and hear the video’s I just learned how to embed in the text.  If it at least made you think about how you are never alone when you have given your heart to Christ, then I have succeeded.  If you weren’t able to play the videos, find a ten-year-old to show you how.  The other message for you is for you to take the role of the one lifting another.  See the quote at the top of the page.  This is also the message of this wonderful song that I have used at many “Walk to Emmaus” spiritual retreats.
Post a Comment