Thursday, September 24, 2015

“They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” — Tom Bodett

In reference to the above quote, I have someone to love and have had for over fifty years, God has given me something to do that I love, and now, it seems, God has given me at least ten more years to hope for more success with our lives and our mission.  The doctors, especially Dr Diane from Korea, are unanimous in their conclusions that I do not have an expiration date but have ten more years to live at the very least.  All this is dependent on the test results confirming what they all believe to be true but they were confident enough to tell me without waiting which is mostly unheard of for doctors.  Yes, I do have problems but my hypertension is what would normally be expected of someone my age.  My diabetes is under control, and the aches and pains of arthritis and feet that have had too much weight to bear for too many years will continue to hurt almost all the time, but, that being said, it’s a pretty good life, and I can still do almost all the things that I need to do.  There is much I can no longer do, but that is part of aging for all of us, not just me.  I am susceptible to malaria and other exotic diseases and probably would not survive a lion attack, but I don’t poke sleeping lions.  The picture at the right pretty much sums up how I’m feeling right now.  Still have to wait for the tests but not a single doctor thinks the results will be anything but positive.  At this point I should thank all of you who have been praying for me, but then, all your good work means I have to go back to work and will have to wait to get into heaven until God thinks I’ve done enough.  So thank you for removing any retirement from my service to God and His children, and I will think of you every time my pain reminds me I have work to do.  That’s the trouble with saying, “Here I am, send me.”  God takes you at your word and gives you things to do that He knows you can accomplish even if you have doubts.  I am loving being with my son and his wife and how wonderfully they are caring for me.  They took me to their eye doctor and bought me two pairs of new glasses, so I will know whom I am hugging.  Next week, my youngest son is coming here to spend a few days with his dad, and that’s another biggy for me on the happiness front.  I would say that this is probably my last trip back to the United States, but I have come to know that if God wants me back here for some reason, then I will be back here.  I don’t see any trips in the future for quite some time, but then I also thought I only had a few years left to live.  I do NOT have pulmonary-arterial-hypertension, that much has been established.  I DO still have God’s work to do and will happily obey to the best of my ability.  Yogi Berra used to say, “It ain’t over till it’s over.”  Well, it is finally over for him, but not for me—not yet.  So, thank you for sending me back for many more years of work (did that sound sarcastic?), but really thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers and support.  Don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but I do know that I will be obedient and available for whatever the Lord asks of me.  Will you?
Post a Comment