Saturday, September 12, 2015

“I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.” ― Oscar Wilde

When I was a senior in high school, I asked a girl to go to the movies.  On the way to the theater, she told me that she adored me.  I swelled up a bit, being the subject of adoration and all.  As we passed the concession stand, I asked her if she wanted any popcorn.  “Oh yes,” she sighed, “I just adore popcorn.”  I deflated quite a bit after learning that she liked me as much as she liked a snack food.  We didn’t have any more dates after that.  A couple of years later, I took a young lady home after a date and summoned up the courage to kiss her.  She looked at me, smiled, and said, “You really don’t know how to kiss.  Don’t worry, I’ll teach you.”  That girl I married less than a year later and we have been together now over fifty years, and I have loved every minute.  Guess teaching how to kiss trumps adoring popcorn every time.   I don’t really have a fantastic moral message for today.  Shaban’s best friend lost his sixteen year old son to typhoid and the funeral was yesterday.  One of the men on my internet watch forum lost his father on Thursday.  So, I will spend the day with my thoughts and praying for others, but I did give you a nice little anecdote to share with friends. 
Post a Comment