Sunday, August 30, 2015

“Want people to know you are a Christian? Want to know if you, yourself are a Christian? Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, forgive the guilty, welcome the unwanted, care for the ill, love your enemies, and do unto others as you would have done unto you.” ― Steve Maraboli

If you believe that Jesus Christ was the Son of God who loved you so much that He died for your sins, and if you believe the Bible records the words of God and of Christ, then why is the Gospel, the Good News so routinely ignored?  These words are not difficult to understand or confusing—they are very clear and straightforward.  What are we missing?  Why are these not preached every single Sunday from every single pulpit?  If you live these, hate has no place in your heart, your words, or your actions—only love.
        “A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”  John 13:34 
        “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.”  John 15:12 
        “But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.”  Luke 6:27
         “So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”  1 Corinthians 13:13
         “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”  John 13:34-35 
         “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”  Matthew 22:37-40 
         “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.”  1 John 4:7
         “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.  If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.”  John 15:9-17
       These are just a few scriptures (there are many more) that capture the message this Prince of Peace brought to a troubled world.  This is the essence of everything that Christ taught and lived.  May this Good News guide your thoughts and your steps as you follow the Good Shepherd.  He will lead you beside green pastures and still waters.


Post a Comment