Sunday, June 21, 2015

“I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren't trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.” ― Umberto Eco

On this Father’s Day, I am remembering my father and the wonderful man that he was.  He did not have a great singing voice but that never stopped him from singing loud and joyfully.  His absolutely favorite hymn, and one he sang around the house when he thought no one was listening, was “O Happy Day.”  I watched and listened to about twenty different versions on YouTube until I found the one with the group he heard it from and had a record of it.  I offer it to you today as my gift to him and to you (it will take about five minutes of your time, but may just change your whole day or maybe your life).  All you have to do is click on the link below (thanks to my son, John):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihGHltBuBBI

Just the music without the video (and my favorite), the original is at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfGDvDGE7zk


Click on these links, and I pray that you watch and listen and feel the joy mixed with the tears that I do.  Please listen to these if you want to know the gift my father gave me.  I have listened to them both over and over again today.  God bless all the fathers on this special day.
Post a Comment