Friday, January 16, 2015

“Sometimes life knocks you down… get up, get up, get up!!! Happiness is not the absence of problems, it's the ability to deal with them.” ― Steve Maraboli

    As the walrus said, it is time to talk of other things.  I want to thank everyone for their prayers and encouragement and pray that you continue.  Anyone who wants to assist with my case in Arkansas is cordially invited to do so, and I will assist with everything I can up to and including power of attorney, but please don’t do anything that may cause problems for yourself or your church and remember that I have no money.  As for me, I forgive the Bishop of Arkansas, Gary Mueller, and pray that his ministry is as productive as ours is here, and that’s the last I have to say on the subject.
     Now, some really good news.  We have been contacted by a couple from Ireland who want to learn how to make biosand filters, buy a mold from us, and be trained to teach others how to produce these filters.  Below are parts of two emails I have gotten in the last few days:
     My wife and I are from Ireland and have been living in Shinyanga, Tanzania for 3 months. We are Tearfund UK volunteers and are working alongside their local partner AICT. I am a Civil Engineer and Alice is a teacher so we are here to partner on a range of engineering and educational development projects.   We have only been here for 3 months but are already becoming familiar with the slow pace of work and change! AICT are currently actively engaged with approximately 80 communities so we are hoping that those links will help progress to be made in implementing the filters.
     This is fantastic.  If we can pull this off, we can maybe get biosand filters into 80 communities in the Shinyanga area.  We have provided this kind of training twice before which has led to biosand filters being made in the Congo and in the Masaai area on the Kenya/Tanzania border.  In addition, Karen is beginning a new school here, and may be training student teachers from a teachers college that prepares preschool teachers.  John is also connecting with a man in Atlanta, Georgia, to provide cheap computers and computer training here thanks to John’s work with RasberryPi’s (small, $30 computers) that will work with minimal solar energy.  There are also two pastor training seminars planned in the next three months, so we will be busy doing what God has called us to do.  Karen and I are now both in our seventies and not in the best of health, but as long as we can, we will serve God.  I may not die as a United Methodist, but I will die as a Christian answering the call to service.  I can do no other.  Keep us and our mission projects in your prayers.  God bless each and every one of you.
Post a Comment