Tuesday, May 20, 2014

“Loving someone and having them love you back is the most precious thing in the world.” ― Nicholas Sparks

My love was very sick yesterday, but my daughter-in-law, Adriel, got her to a doctor who diagnosed inflamed lungs with congestion and prescribed medication for her.  I have never been so worried in my life, knowing that she was sick a continent away and I was helpless and couldn’t be there for her.  It made me want to ask her some questions before she comes back.  I didn’t write them, but I sincerely mean them.

Could I have this dance 
for the rest of my life?
Could you be my partner
every night?
when we're together
it feels so right, 
Could I have this dance
for the rest of my life?

I'll always remember, 
that magic moment,
When I held you close to me.

As we move together,
I knew forever, 
you're all I'll ever need.

Could I have this dance 
for the rest of my life?
Could you be my partner
every night?
when we're together
it feels so right. 
Could I have this dance
for the rest of my life?

(With thanks to Anne Murray)

I love you, babe.  Do what the doctor tells you, take your medicine, and come home to me.  We still have that dance to finish.

Post a Comment