Thursday, February 6, 2014

“The older I get, the less time I want to spend with the part of the human race that didn’t marry me. -- Robert Brault

I am sitting here in the coffee lounge of the Hotel Tilapia in Mwanza next to the pool where Karen is doing her water aerobics.  John is at the dentist getting a couple of fillings.  We have already been to the Apple store where John ordered a new battery for his MacBook Pro.  We will try to get Mom into a beauty salon to get her hair done if possible before having lunch and then shopping for wazungu food at the Wazungu Store (U-Turn).  For those who have forgotten "wazungu" is the Swahili term for all non-Africans be they American, British, Chinese, Australian, etc.  Shaban is off washing the car.  I think that he is prouder of that car than we are which is a good thing.  We didn't tell Juliana that we were leaving so early, so she doesn't know where we have gone or when we will be back.  Maybe she will work harder, maybe less.  All I know is that I am always happy when I can be with Karen and when she is doing things that will make her feel better.  I learned a long time ago that if I devote my life to making her life wonderful--my life is, too.  
Post a Comment