Friday, September 20, 2013

“It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.” ― Arthur Conan Doyle

Samantha Archer, our Australian friend, dropped by last night to bring John a birthday present and to finalize our arrangements for the Australian mission group arriving next Tuesday.  It was so very nice of her to both bake a birthday cake for John and to bring him a present, but then she is a very nice woman and a wonderful mother to her five children.  Shaban was back at work today as was Charles, but Amos is still out sick.  We did manage to get the toilet in one of the guest cottages fixed, run the propane hose into the new kitchen to hook up our new cooker (stove to Americans), and to get a broken light switch fixed.  In all the years I lived in the U.S., I don't think I ever had to replace a broken light switch, but we do it here all the time.  When things are being manufactured and quality control kicks out a product out for not passing muster, it goes in a box marked "Sell to Africa," so we are kind of used to it.  Karen's toe is better, and I am now doing some exercises to help my arm heal, but they were created by the Marquis De Sade, I am quite sure.  We are still talking about the Canadian documentary we saw called "Stories We Tell" and I highly recommend it.  No car chases or gun fights, just people talking, but it is an amazing creation.  Come to think of it, I guess we are all amazing creations.  Pastor Nyansa came by to get the bus fare for two more lay pastors to go to the Methodist School of Theology in Arusha, so we will have thirteen there this fall--and that's good.  Pastor Festo came by because I found our he was riding his motorbike without insurance (couldn't afford the $30), but they will take it away from him if he is in an accident without insurance, so I paid for it.  Just one of the many little things we do for the church.

Post a Comment