Thursday, September 19, 2013

“In life, more than in anything else, it isn’t easy to end up alive.” ― Roman Payne

The quote above gets truer and truer the older you get.  Doctor Muzuma (we helped him through medical school) came by yesterday and worked on my arm and shoulder that needed pain pills and muscle rub.  Then he worked on Karen's foot which needed antibiotics and muscle rub.  Neither of us is running any races today, but we are getting by.  Amos is out sick, Shaban has malaria, Charles (our worker) has malaria, and Francis has a big wound on his leg, yet we are all going to be all right.  Time and good medicine work miracles especially when mixed liberally with prayers.  I have been having a terrible time with my blog which just disappeared.  I got it back, but it doesn't look quite the same.  I will work on it some more tonight when the internet is faster and I'm not having to use my phone.  Keep us in your prayers.  Oh, the dogs are all fine except for fleas but there is medicine for that coming in our next package.  I have also bought my tickets to Dar Es Salaam and have an appointment at the U.S. Embassy there on December the 16th to get my passport renewed even though I still don't have my residence permit in hand just yet.  Living here is so much fun.


Post a Comment