Saturday, August 10, 2013

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

These last few days have been some of the happiest of my life.  Not only because my wife's fall in Mwanza only resulted in cuts and bruises and that she insisted that I continue on to Arusha.  Not only because what happened at our meeting in Arusha has forever changed the face of Methodism in Tanzania and in a very positive way.  Not only because I have met new friends and have places to stay now in Dar Es Salaam that will make my passport renewal cheaper by at least $2,000.  Not only because I have met new friends that now consider me to be their brother and in one case their father.  Not only because my son John did not have malaria but was only dehydrated and is now much better.  No, it is all these things coupled with the opportunity to visit with my old friend, Pete Oneal, and to find that both of us had been down and brought each other up just with our company.  God has been so good in such a short time, it is hard for me to completely comprehend it.  The picture at the right shows the eight men who are now brothers, united in the expansion of God's Kingdom in Tanzania.  If the saying "God is good--all the time" has ever had real meaning--it has it now.  I will return to Bunda on Monday a new creature with a heart that has been cleansed in a way only the love of Jesus Christ can make it pure.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who has prayed for us and send contributions to make this trip happen.  It was crucial to the success of our mission and to God's call to us, and you helped make it happen.  God bless you.

Post a Comment