Thursday, August 1, 2013

“Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” ― Confucius


Karen saw the Coptic Christian Missionary doctor today who prescribed medication to help lower her blood pressure.  We had donated an electronic BP machine to the hospital, but it has been stolen, so we will look for another one.  Shaban was able to redo their biosand filter that had become contaminated, so they have clean, safe water again.  John was able to get single vision glasses from a new optometrist there and is getting used to a new way of seeing.  We have heard from my sister that her injections are really helping with her macular degeneration which we see a real blessing.  We delivered a filter to some missionaries and gave it to them as a gift hoping they would see that giving to one another is a blessing.  Shaban also got our residence permits sorted out and now we just wait for the paperwork to come back next week.  Hopefully, we only have five dogs after today--six is just too many.  If the male puppy lives, Shaban will take him and we will be back to four--which is our limit.  It's time for shots for some of them, so the vet is coming to do that this afternoon.  I am beginning to have a little more faith in myself and felt better today than I have in a week.  In the last eight years, I have not seen a single college football game, so my new video game allowed me to play as the Razorbacks through an entire season where I only lost to Auburn and beat TCU in the Sugar Bowl (I was up all night, but it was good).  I had forgotten how to have fun, but I think I can see good where good exists again.  There are none so blind as those who will not see, and, thanks to many of you and your messages of encouragement, I was blind but now I see--to quote an old hymn that has real meaning for me.  I'm not sure if you don't understand the "wretchedness" of that hymn, you will not understand the freedom to see what God reveals.  In the middle of the dry season, I saw some beautiful flowers today.  If you talk to God today, thank Him for giving you the gift of sight that comes only from knowing Him.


Post a Comment