Sunday, July 21, 2013

“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” ― J.K. Rowling

Rev. Nyansa, myself, and Bishop Monto of the Methodist Church in Tanzania (pictured at right) as well as Rev. Yusufu Bundala, the General Secretary of the Tanzania Methodist Church, and Dr. Ivan Abrahams, the General Secretary of the World Methodist Council have been invited by Bishop Bya-Mungu of the Tanzania Methodist Church to come to Arusha for meetings on the 5th and 6th of August 2013.  There are over 200 Methodist churches of one kind or another in Tanzania. The Tanzania Methodist Church was the first to join the World Methodist Council in the Council Meeting in Durban, South Africa, in 2011.  Bishop Bya-Mungu feels it is the call of God and our duty for all the Methodist Church Leaders to unite in order to have a strong, active Methodist Church presence in Tanzania under the blessing of the World Methodist Council.  Together, we can work as Methodist brothers and sisters to expand the Kingdom and to bring Glory to God.  Of course, the only problem with this is that I have to pay for all the travel and accommodations for the three of us to get to Arusha and back for these meetings.  I hate to spend money on meetings, and since we are living on our pensions, I did something I have never done before--I sent out a personal request for small sums ($10 to $25) to send through PayPal to help us pay for our travel.  There is so much need here that I hated to have to ask for money this way, but I truly feel that God wants this to happen and I have always followed where God has led me.  I ask forgiveness for anyone who was and is offended by this rather crass way of asking for money, but the meetings are not easy to get to and the time is short.  I pray that I have made the right decision and ask for your prayers that this indeed will be a good thing for the Christians of Tanzania.  It is perhaps the most uncomfortable decision I have made to date, but the pull of the Spirit is strong.  If you want to help, send me an email to revwigg@gmail.com and I will give you directions for the PayPal account, but only if you have the money to spare and agree with my decision which still leaves me uncomfortable.  God bless all of you who have given so much already to support God's work here in Tanzania.  I will always stand in your spiritual shadow.  Five or six have already responded and I stand in their debt.

Post a Comment