Friday, July 5, 2013

“The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting” ― Andy Warhol


Chris and Brenda are on their way to Mwanza where they will get in late this afternoon.  Karen and Shaban went down early this morning so Karen could get her hair done and then meet them at the airport.  They will get in too late to drive to Bunda tonight (not safe to drive after dark), so they will stay at the new Gold Crest Hotel tonight and get a lot of visiting done without Karen having to fight me and John for Chris and Brenda's attention.  They will drive to Bunda first thing tomorrow, after a stop a U-Turn to buy food for our New Yorkers which gives us another day to clean the house.  If we had visitors more than once a year, our house would be a lot cleaner.  Still, we are so excited about seeing them.  They will be here all week but then have to go back to work for Google (they both work there) or who knows what havoc might ensue.  I also got my glasses from my eye doctor yesterday, so I will be able to see them.  I've been seeing double without any alcohol being involved, so I am very grateful to be able to see and read again.  Add to that my new NCAA football video game, and I am a very happy camper.  Nothing beats being with family after long absences.  I'm ready.   May God give me the discernment to not interrupt and let my wife and son do the talking.  I had Chris and Brenda to myself in New York last April, so it's Karen and John's turn.  Did I mention I was happy?
Post a Comment