Thursday, July 4, 2013

“One of the most beneficial and valuable gifts we can give to ourselves in this life: is allowing ourselves to be surprised! It is okay if life surprises you. Its a good thing!” ― C. JoyBell

 We got a package for the states yesterday and after eight years of not seeing any college football, I go a PS3 NCAA Football Game 13 that allows me to play, watch, and participate in all the college games I used to attend.  I still have a lot of learning to do, but I never expected to have so much fun and to be reminded of all the good times I had when I went to LSU, Arkansas, and Texas (at Austin) games.  I stayed up all night (so as not to bother my family) and played to my little heart's content.  I don't know a lot about video games, but this one just blows me away with the graphics and even hearing the crowd call the Hogs in the background.  I'm sure my family will get tired of it soon, so I will be up many nights while they are sleeping playing USC against Notre Dame, Arkansas against Ole Miss, and some teams I've never even heard of before.  It seems such a little thing, but nothing has cheered my flagging spirits as this has.  I guess it is true that men are just big little boys, and I am guilty.  I am old enough to remember the game PONG which was just nothing but impressed us at the time.  I made an eighty yard run from scrimmage for a touchdown against Texas and I yelled loud enough to wake the neighbors and start the dogs barking.  Thank you God for my thank you note.



Post a Comment