Saturday, June 29, 2013

Quote of the Day:  “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” ― Will Smith

More than once since I have been a pastor, I have been accused of things of which I was innocent, but could not defend myself because it would have betrayed a trust.  One woman thought I was a stalker (from ten thousand miles away) because I told her I cared for her and she told me never to speak to her or her family again (and I haven't).  This was a woman whose baby had been dying and I prayed for it, anointed it and that baby is now in high school.  Another women I helped through a painful divorce from a drug user, got her husband into treatment and counseled her teenage daughter to help deal with it. This woman, two years after I was no longer her pastor, accused me of being a sexual predator and filed an oral complaint.  Oral because that way she didn't have to face me or prove her charges.  Her charges: that I had once asked her to kiss me, she said no, and I didn't.  The other charge was that two years after I was no longer her pastor I patted her on the bottom at a wedding reception.  Of course, there were no witnesses and no corroborating evidence and I did neither.   No action was taken because there was none to take, yet I have a note in my church file telling whoever wants to read it that I had been charged as a sexual predator.  My response to this:  I forgave them both, I pray for them both, and I have no contact with either.  Christ knew this kind of thing would happen and told us to forgive and pray for those who persecute us.  They have not hurt me for Christ is with me.  I honor their requests and continue to pray for them and wish them well.  This kind of thing continues even here because I don't give enough money to some who think they deserve it.  My consolation, if I needed one, is the last of the Beatitudes.  Blessed are you if others persecute you in my name.  Christ's blessing supersedes any pain any human can cause.  Remember that.

Post a Comment