Thursday, June 6, 2013

Quote of the Day:  “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” ― Mother Teresa

I was watching "Les Miserables" for the fiftieth time and once again was struck by the final line "When you love another person you have seen the face of God."  I was thinking about that when we got a package from Oklahoma full of child-sized sunglasses for the albino children for whom we help care.  I always cry at the end of "Les Miserables" and I cried when I opened the package.  It is not that it was from Ruth Matthews who has been here before, but it was because it came from Oklahoma where there has been so much suffering and grief of late.  When those who have pain can continue to give to those who suffer a continent away, I know that they have "seen the face of God."  We cannot say thank you enough to all of you  who support our mission here.  You are the ones who make the miracles happen here.  It is you who delivers the biosand filters, who teaches sanitation and hygiene.  It is you who teach the children about Jesus.  It is you who brings hope to the hopeless.  We are just tools in the hands of those who send us money, prayers, and gifts.  We are very grateful, but it is truly you who at the end of the day, see the face of God.  God blesses you I know for you truly bless us and those we serve.  Thank you. 
Post a Comment