Tuesday, May 21, 2013


Quote of the Day:   “There's no tragedy in life like the death of a child. Things never get back to the way they were.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

People die tragically every day, but when we hear of the deaths of children huddled in their school in Oklahoma, it hits us very hard.  We all have a soft spot in our hearts for the weak, the defenseless, the children of this world.  It doesn't matter where they live, when they die it diminishes us all.  We each lose a part of ourself when we hear of the death of a child, a future that will not be.  We can reconcile ourselves to the ravages of nature because it happens all the time and has been happening since time began, but we are still pierced in our hearts when we hear of the deaths of the children.  I, personally, know the fear of the storms that assail us from tornadoes, to hurricanes, to earth quakes, I have experienced them all.  The fear while the event is happening is a living, breathing thing that grabs your heart and squeezes.  To know that small children felt that fear and then were killed by a tornado brings me to my knees.  My prayers go up and out.  It is all I can do from here, so very far away, but it is what I will do over and over until the praying itself has brought me some healing as I know it will eventually bring healing to those most hurt.  We cannot stop the earth from shaking or tidal waves from hitting the shore, but we can always pray for those who suffer.  Join me in praying for the parents especially of those children who died in the tornado in Oklahoma on May 20, 2013.
Post a Comment