Friday, April 5, 2013


Quote of the Day: “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” ― Augustine of Hippo

I am in my son's apartment in Manhattan as I write this.  The trip from Boston was wonderful because I was able to travel on the high speed train.  The ticket man knew me from years ago and gave me a free upgrade to first class, and it was the nicest traveling I have done in a long, long time.  I got in too early for my son to meet me, so I took a cab to his apartment building and prepared to argue with the doorman to let me into his place, but I arrived at the exact same minute that his wife arrived from her trip to Las Vegas, so all is well.  The cats are working hard to get hair on all my black clothes, but they missed my socks--for now.  My son, Chris, will be home later and we will have dinner together tonight and plan the next few days.  It is so nice to be reunited with family, and it always will be.  I am truly blessed.

Post a Comment