Friday, April 12, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.”  ―  J.M. Barrie

Last night, my brothers, my sister, and my sister-in-law, all went out to see my mother (see picture at the right).  I am sure it is the last time that we will all be together.  Today, I travel to Fayetteville with my brother, Rob, and after he drops me off, I will probably never see this part of my family again because I go from Fayetteville back to Africa in just a few days.  I was able to make this trip because Boston University paid for my trip to Boston and my Aunt Kitty paid for my travel to Arkansas.  It is far too expensive for us to travel from Africa to the U.S., and we need all the money we can get our hands on for our mission and ministry since we are paying for that from our own pockets with no denominational support.  There are individuals and churches who support our mission but that money has to go to the places for which it was designated.  What all this means is that I will probably never see some of my family again except for those who may travel to Africa to see us.  It is hard to say goodbye, but I know that I will carry them in my heart and that they are a part of me as growing up with them shaped and helped to make me who I am.  I have been blessed to have had this opportunity to see them once more, and I will be forever grateful.  The one thing of which I am absolutely convinced is that I will never forget them.

Post a Comment