Sunday, April 21, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “Friendship," said Christopher Robin, "is a very comforting thing to have.” ― A.A. Milne

I am back home in Bunda now, resting, unpacking, and reflecting on all that happened over the last three weeks.  One of the most important things was my reuniting with friends.  Some friends I hadn't seen in over twenty years and we picked up as if we had seen each other just a few days ago.  There were others with whom I had been communicating by email and Facebook, but being able to hug them and see the joy and warmth in their eyes was priceless.  My old friend, Pete O'Neal (picture at right), and I were able to talk about some things we just assumed the other knew but had never acknowledged.  Sometimes we really admire and respect some of our friends, but we never tell them.  Well, Pete told me last night just how much I had meant and still mean to him, and it was overwhelming.  Other friends in the U.S. demonstrated how they felt with their support of our mission.  There were new friends who instantly knew how much affection we shared without even saying it.  I was able to reunite with family and get closer to them than I ever have.  The trip may have been very hard on my body but my heart has never been bigger or more filled with love than it is right now.  God bless you, my friends.
Post a Comment