Thursday, April 4, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart” ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Mrs. Roosevelt sure had it right.  I have finished my work here in Boston and have had to say goodbye to some true friends--friends I will never see again but will have their footprints in my heart.  My big presentation this morning was filmed and to quote one of the professors, "I have never seen so many students as entranced as these were."  Well, I don't know about that, but they didn't get up and leave in groups, so I guess it went well.  I had lunch with the class so they could continue to ask questions and then went to be interviewed on film for the School of Theology.  They think I am a distinguished alumnus.  They are wrong, but I did the interview anyway.  There were several students who were really moved and touched and made sure that I knew it.  That was encouraging.  Tomorrow, I take the train to New York City to spend a few days with my oldest son and his wife and then on to Arkansas to my youngest son and his wife and their children.  Then back to Africa where I belong.  I do miss it.  This life is a little too fast paced and expensive for the likes of an old missionary like me.  I am not sure who God wanted touched by me, but I did what was asked and can just hope that He is pleased.

Post a Comment