Thursday, April 4, 2013


Quote of the Day:  Life is one long process of getting tired.  --  Samuel Butler 

Did it again.  Collapsed with my clothes on and woke up seven hours later (which is 8:00 A.M. in Tanzania).  Had a great day.  A very good meeting with Dr. Robert, then a fantastic Easter service in Marsh Chapel led by the Hispanic group here.  It was good to hear Spanish again and the choir was heavenly.  I spent the afternoon meeting with students one-on-one and really didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised.  They amazed me and inspired me and gave me much to think about.  Each one left very pleased but wanting more which is what one would want, I guess.  Then, Dr. Robert and I went to dinner with the three women who would be in charge of the internship program with our mission if that comes to fruition and I really hope so.  Will just have to wait and see.  Later today, I will meet with classes to tell "my story" in the hopes that it will inspire or inform at the least.  I had to sign a release because they will be filming it to show to others.  God never tells you how far what you are doing is going to go.  Sometimes, I find it a little frightening, but exciting nonetheless.  I will need four days of rest to get over these three days of following God's call, but that is what is on the calendar, so good.  I take the train to New York City Friday morning and can start resting then.  I am glad I accepted this invitation.  It has probably done much more for me than the students but isn't that the way so many things turn out?  Keep me in your prayers.

Post a Comment