Saturday, April 20, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “Home is home is home.” ― Me

Sorry for missing two days of blogs, but I was in transit (flying for 22 hours) with layovers and no internet.  I am now in Arusha, Tanzania, staying with my old friend, Pete O'Neal.  Pete and I have been close friends for many years.  He is about my age (a little older) and runs a school and orphanage which he says keeps him young.  My son, John, is here, having flown over earlier to help Pete with his computers and internet (and he has).  We will fly home tomorrow together.  Shaban will pick us up and we will be back home in Bunda by four o'clock tomorrow afternoon.  It is so nice to here in Africa where it is quiet, warm, and I can see the banana trees from my room.  I have met a wonderful woman from Georgia here who wants to stay and help Pete with his work, so I am helping her get sorted.  Seems like God always has some work He wants me to do but doesn't tell me about in advance.  It's okay, I like working that way.  Met a woman from Scotland on the flight down who wants to come to Bunda to see what we are doing there.  God does work in mysterious ways, at least to me.  I had zero trouble with customs or immigration who remembered me and smiled and slapped my hand.  I love this place.  I am home.  Now, you guys have to come here and let me show you around.  You are always welcome.  As I read in a book once, "the harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few."  Come join us.

Post a Comment