Tuesday, April 16, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “To find a man's true character, play golf with him. ” ― P.G. Wodehouse

My son, Keith, played golf today while I drove the cart (picture of Keith at right, clicking on picture will take you to two more).  It was 54 degrees and I thought I was going to freeze to death.  Africans don't play golf when it is that cold--ever.  Keith did really well and parred the second hole to impress me.  It was an unforgettable father and son day.  One of those the MasterCard commercial would call "priceless."   We went back to the Wooden Spoon for lunch and I bought pie for Keith to take home to the girls.  Then on to Gravette where we had to do some insurance business with the man, Bob Kelly,  who has been taking care of our insurance since 1992.  He is a wonderful, Christian man and a good friend.  We got papers signed and procedures set up so we can do things across continents.  Keith and I then toured Gravette remembering what it was like when we lived there from 1992 to 1996.  Much has changed, but the character of a small town tends to stay the same.  Our good friend and druggist, Ron Teasley, took care of our medication needs and hinted that he and his wife might be coming to visit us in Tanzania in the next year or so.  That would be a very welcome thing.  We saw some other old friends and then both needed naps.  This evening, I will be going with him to watch his practice with the Singing Men of Arkansas.  He sings baritone and does a great job.

Post a Comment