Thursday, April 11, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich." -- Dan Wilcox/Thad Mumford

I visited my mother in the home twice yesterday.  She did know me but remembered me as a little boy which is not a bad memory.  Tonight, all four of her children will visit her as we are all together, a rare thing.  When we moved to Africa, we left a lot behind moving with only two suitcases.  It was a real treat when my sister gave me a flash drive with almost a hundred years of family photographs on it.  I can't wait to get back to my wife and son in Africa and reminisce as we look at all those pictures.  Since yesterday was National Sibling Day, I put an old photo of my siblings on the blog--see picture at right.  Why I was wearing a suit with a bow tie, I will never know, but there I am.  Family is so important.  In Africa it is everything.  Here, not so much, but those who are blessed with family connections know how much it means to have loved ones who care about you.  I have family connections all over the U.S. and am truly blessed to have them.  They are all part of who I am and still pray for me and support my work--what a blessing to have that.  

Post a Comment