Saturday, April 6, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” ― Mother Teresa

Is there anything more wonderful than spending time with family members you haven't seen for a long time?  There are so many stories to tell, so much joy to share, and so much love to experience.  I have done the work God called me to do here in the U.S. (and while it was exhausting, it was also rewarding), and now it is time for family.  I get to spend time with my oldest son and his wife first.  Then I fly to Heber Springs, Arkansas, to spend time with my 98 year old mother and my sister and both of my brothers and my sister-in-law.  Then, I go to Fayetteville, Arkansas, where I will spend time with my youngest son and his wife and my three grandchildren before returning to Africa.  No one could give me a gift more special or more wonderful than this.  I have also been able to spend some time with old friends as well, former parishioners, supporters of our mission, and I have met and made some new friends along the way.   All the inconveniences and painful plane rides are such a small price to pay for such great joy.  I would do it all again in a minute.  My only regret is that my wife was unable to come with me, but I carry her in my heart wherever I go.  In two years, we will celebrate our golden anniversary.  She has and continues to bring me such joy I thank God every day for her.

Post a Comment