Tuesday, April 23, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.” ― C.S. Lewis

For a Christian, forgiveness is not optional.  Christ himself said that if we could not forgive each other then God could not forgive us (Matthew 6: 14,15).  I have done things and said things in my life for which I have asked God's forgiveness and it has been granted.  Yet, I must also ask those whom I have hurt or offended and therein lies the rub.  Many of those whom I have hurt have passed away.  Others are unknown to me.  There are others that I cannot find and still others who will not listen or even receive emails from me.  I am using this forum (for I have no other) to ask for their forgiveness.  If any have sinned against me, I forgive you or have already forgiven you.  I hold no enmity in my heart for any person.  I would be completely at peace except for those whom I cannot reach to ask forgiveness.  They may not forgive me, but that is an issue for them.  I need to know that I have asked.  Someone once asked how anyone could forgive the unforgivable.  The answer was to forgive yourself and go forward.  It is difficult to do, but it is what we must do.  God has proven over and over again that His forgiveness is complete and eternal.  To those who may still feel hurt or have been offended by me for words or deeds, please, please forgive me.  If you can forgive, you can be free.  If you cannot, you will be a prisoner to anger and resentment for the rest of your life.  Carrie Fisher once said that resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.  She's right.  There is much healing in forgiveness and only pain in holding on to anger.  Forgive those who have hurt you that you may be free and that you may receive the forgiveness of Our Heavenly Father.  

Post a Comment