Saturday, April 13, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old." --Mary H. Waldrip

Yesterday, I was reunited with my granddaughters, Laura (5) and Karen (3), and met my grandson, David, for the first time.  There is something about the love and joy I get from them that just defies description.  I know this is nothing new to those of you who have close relations with your grandkids, but I seldom get to see or spend any time with mine--so every moment is precious.  I said goodbye to my mother and probably will never see her again, but was introduced to my eight-month-old grandson less than twenty-four hours later.  The cycle of life continues.  I have got to take good care of myself so that if he comes to Africa in a few years, I will be able to be there and show him around.  I have loved seeing my siblings, and my children, and now my grandchildren.  Tomorrow, I will be preaching in the church I attended when I decided to enter the ministry back in the '80s and where much later I once served as an associate pastor, so I will be seeing a lot of people who I know and love.  This has been an incredible trip and a true blessing from God.  Lots of times I receive things which I do not deserve, but I am always thankful and give thanks to God for my blessings, and this is just such an undeserved blessing.  Be thankful for all the little joys God sends you.  

Post a Comment