Thursday, March 7, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “If we share in the joy, we share in the suffering.” ― Ralph Sockman

Juliana is out sick with malaria today and Shaban is back after being out for three days with it.  We hate malaria here.  It kills primarily babies and pregnant mothers, but it makes life miserable for so many whose lives are already miserable.  We have given out over 1,000 pre-treated nets, but it seems so few in light of the magnitude of the problem.  Still, we do what we can with what we have.  My own recovery is coming right along, but we hadn't reckoned on the withdrawal symptoms of the five medications the doctor cancelled.  I didn't know that going cold turkey on those things would have such nasty results.  Yet one more thing to get through, but I am in this for the long haul, and in the end, it will be much better to be off all of those medications--and cheaper.  I am feeling much better now and am really looking forward to my trip to Boston and Arkansas in the next few weeks.  Do try to get the country a tad warmer before I get there.

Post a Comment