Thursday, March 28, 2013

Quote of the Day:  “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ― Douglas Adams 

I have been putting together a four-minute slide show with music to sum up all we do and have done here to show the potential missionaries at the Global Center for Christianity and Mission when I speak there next week.  I took it into the living room and had John hook it up so we could see it on the big television and hear the music (from the African Children's Choir) on the big speakers.  There are lots of times when it seems we are doing absolutely nothing of value here, but watching over a hundred pictures of biosand water filters, orphans eating a hot meal, preaching and baptizing, teaching sanitation and hygiene, putting in pumps, setting up schools, and lots of other things, it became apparent that we are supposed to be here.  It actually made Karen cry to see all that has been accomplished--not by us alone--but because the mission is here and others have come and helped and prayed for our projects.  There is a library in Bunda, new Christian teachers are graduated every year, mothers and babies lives are saved by mosquito nets, Bibles are in the hands of Christians eager to read the Word in their own language, and evangelists have bicycles to take the Word to those who have not heard it.  This may not be where we intended to go when we got married over 47 years ago, but we have definitely ended up where we needed to be.  Amen.


Post a Comment