Tuesday, March 26, 2013


Quote of the Day:  A day without sunshine is like, you know, night. --  Steve Martin 

Another severe rainstorm last night (it is the rainy season, after all), but this morning the sun was shining brightly and making this part of Africa beautiful and smelling sweetly.  I was up early enough to watch the morning glories open up and cover the fence with their glorious blossoms.  I watched Edina mopping up the left over rain puddles so the dogs would have a place to lie down.  I knew there was suffering caused by the rain, but I also knew that God never sends a rainstorm without a rainbow.  This is the day that the Lord has made.  How can I not rejoice and be glad in it?  John, Karen, and Shaban are in Musoma seeing the doctor (Karen), working on the internet (John), and trying to find American money for me to take with me in case I get stuck in Amsterdam (Shaban).  Me, I'm actually starting to pack.  I leave on Sunday which is just four days away and everything here has to be hand washed, line dried, and ironed out on the veranda when we have power and the sun is shining--hence packing early.  I will be buying a cheap suitcase in the U.S. (cheap suitcases are seldom stolen), so I can bring back the ton of supplies that John and Karen have requested.  The two suitcases only become a problem back in Africa where I am only allowed one suitcase for our Tanzanian airline.  I will probably have to buy a ticket for the other bag, but it will be worth it.  Life here is never boring--as I have repeatedly said.

Post a Comment