Sunday, February 3, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “Be ye doers of the Word and not hearers only.” ― Jesus

Those of us living today never got to see the living Jesus in person, but we see Him in everyone who embodies Him with their love.  I truly believe I am one of the most blessed people on the planet because so many have shared their love of Christ by loving me.  Everything that I do here, that all of us do here, is thanks to others who have shown their love of Christ by supporting our mission.  Family, friends, and others whom I have never met have all donated money and supported us with their prayers.  When I wrote about going back to the States in April to speak about mission, my Aunt Kitty paid for my airfare to and from Arkansas so I could see my family and my new grandson whom I have yet to meet or hold.  I have always loved this aunt because she has always shown me the love of Christ in all that she does.  She raised twelve children and still serves as a role model for me in parenting.  When I had heart trouble back in 1996 she led many in praying for me.  I carry her in my heart as almost every Christian carries in their hearts someone who showed them Christ by how they lived their lives.  It is not those who say they are Christians who matter--it is those who live as Christians.  It is not easy to follow Christ and almost all of us would fail were it not for those who showed us how to do it.  I remember a man and his wife who refused to pay for air conditioning so that they could give more to the poor.  I will never forget them.  I will always stand in the spiritual shadow of a man with little education and almost no money, but who showed me how Christ would want me to live.  Today, I am praying for my Aunt Kitty and all those who show us the way to being better people.  Join me and pray for those who have touched you, whom you carry in your heart.

Post a Comment