Monday, February 4, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “Just tell Amos to start the generator.” ― John Wiggins

I got to watch the Super Bowl live, but it started here at 2:30 A.M., so I didn't get any sleep.  It was an exciting game because any game that isn't decided until the last second ticks off the clock is by definition, exciting.  I was cheering for the Ravens because of the movie, "The Blind Side" about Michael Oher who was number 74 for the Ravens.  He has started ever game since he was drafted and now has a Super Bowl ring.  His family was there watching, and I felt like I knew them since I had seen the movie.  When the power went out, I just expected them to do what I do here, tell Amos to start the generator.  We are never without power more than a few minutes, but I guess they didn't have Amos or a big enough generator.  Still, it was exciting and for a few hours anyway, I was doing what millions of others were doing and that was kind of nice.  Of course, we don't get the commercials here, so I will have to wait until John can find them and download them for us to see.  I did see the Clydesdale horse ad on my computer and it made me teary, so I can't wait to see the rest of them.  Even in the bush in East Africa, we want to see Super Bowl commercials.  Ah well.

Post a Comment