Monday, February 11, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one” ― Bruce Lee

I have been amazed, humbled, and very grateful for all the messages of support and prayers coming my way for my upcoming operation.  I spent most of today just staying still (doctor's orders) and waiting while Shaban and the doctor here try to coordinate schedules with the doctor in Mwanza.  They are working on having him see me as a private patient and avoiding all the paperwork involved with going through the government.  I don't really care as long as the operation is successful and done in time for me to heal properly before I travel back to the States at the end of March.  That said, I am still a little shell-shocked by the dozens and dozens of people who have sent words of comfort and support.  I didn't know I even knew that many people, but wow, they have been super.  A couple of them have had the exact same surgery so know exactly what I am going through.  One in Australia and one in Texas--friends just the same.  Thank you all so very, very much.  You can feel kind of alone over here, but Facebook, Google+, and my blog have all shown how surrounded by friends and prayers I am.  No anxiety here if that many are praying for me.  Makes me feel very warm and safe.  Thank you again.

Post a Comment