Friday, February 8, 2013


Quote of the Day:  "God is good--all the time."  -- me and a whole lot of others

It seems that the surgery bullet I dodged last summer has come back and lodged inside me.  I had to make an emergency run to the hospital early this morning and will have surgery in Mwanza next week or the week after.  The surgeon there trained in Cuba and is the cousin of the doctor here, so I will be in good hands.  It will be good to have the thing fixed once and for all in plenty of time for me to recover before my trip, so I guess God is looking out for me after all.  I had been saving money for the trip, but I guess God had better uses for it, so I will not argue.  Over the years, whenever I would come into some money, I wouldn't spend it because there was going to be a need for just amount coming around the corner.  It has never failed, but it has also always been there.  I didn't have the money to come to Africa ten years ago after having been invited to be the guest preacher at a three-nation (Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania) Methodist conference.  When I asked the theme of the conference, I was told, "God will provide."  He did then (I preached at that conference) and has ever since.  This morning I would have died had there not been a hospital and doctor able to care for me at 8:00 A.M.  Some might have complained about having to wait for an hour to have their lives saved but not me.  I know when to be grateful, and I am--for the doctor and for Shaban who drove me and woke up the doctor and who went into town to buy the supplies the doctor needed.  If you really need something, God will provide.  God is good.  All the time.

Post a Comment