Monday, January 21, 2013


Quote of the Day:   “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” ― Maya Angelou

I can't say enough about gratitude.  It's the stuff that keeps you going that you don't want and can't ask for.  Christ never told us only to help others if they thank us, but it's a whole lot easier if they do.  One of the things I love about this culture is their understanding of gratitude.  They love you when you help them.  At times, helping others is like caring for a wounded animal.  You want to help but the animal doesn't know that and tries to bite you.  It's just not like that here.  Here, they are so grateful it becomes embarrassing.  The only bad thing about it is that I haven't learned much from it.  I should be so grateful to the One Book Foundation board members because every blade of grass, building, Bible, mosquito net, and school would not be here were it not for their tireless efforts.  I have come to take them for granted and that is my sin.  I am embarrassed that I have not thanked them more often and more sincerely.  They don't get to receive the gratitude of the people here as we do, and I have been very remiss in not passing on that gratitude to them.  They labor far away raising money and helping with everything from scholarships to new kitchens to paying for our medical bills.  It's like standing on a rock in the middle of a river and not giving thanks to the rock that is keeping you dry and safe.  Well, thank you, thank you, thank you.  I am humbled by my faults but am so appreciative of all you have done.  Please forgive me and receive my sincere thanks for all that you do.  You know that I believe in thank you notes from God, so I pray that you receive some since I have sent so few.  The people here thank you, I thank you, Karen and John thank you, and the church thanks you.  You are the rock on which this mission was built and on which it stands today.  God bless you.

Post a Comment