Sunday, January 27, 2013


Quote of the Day:  “When God says 'Go' that's what you do.” ― Me 

I am trying to work out all the logistics of my trip to the U.S. in April.  I'll be there for just two weeks and one of those weeks is in Boston.  The Global Center for Christianity and Mission at Boston University is flying me to Boston to speak to and to visit with groups of students.  The students are all preparing for lives as missionaries and I will also be meeting with them on a one-to-one basis for two afternoons.  I am really looking forward to this as this is where I went to seminary.  I was graduated over twenty years ago, so I don't think I will see many people I know, but I am still excited.  I am also going to work on setting up an internship for at least five of the students to come to Tanzania for two months to do hands-on training.  After Boston, I will be in New York City for a few days to see my oldest son and his wife.  Then I will be flying to Arkansas (thanks to a generous aunt) to see my 98-year-old mother, my sister, and for sure, my grandson, David, whom I have not seen or held yet.  If everyone lived in one town, this would all be easy, but instead, it's one of those "missionary/cannibal" problems.  You know, if you had three missionaries and three cannibals and a canoe that only held two people how would you get everyone to the other side of the river?  I could never figure that out without getting the missionaries eaten, and now I'm a missionary.  Ah well, better minds than mine will help me, but I've got plane tickets in hand, so it looks like this is all really going to happen.  Keep us all in your prayers.

Post a Comment