Friday, January 11, 2013


Quote of the Day:   “Be ye doers of the word and not hearers only.” -- Jesus

Because of the internet, we are connected with all parts of our family no matter how geographically scattered they are.  I know about my cousin's and their lives in ways I never did before.  I communicate with former professors and old friends in several countries around the world.  It seems strange that a vocation, being a missionary, that for so long was considered to be isolated and far away can now be so connected and up to date on all the latest news around the world, as well as family goings on.  I am in awe of those who preceded me as missionaries who left all they had and all those that they knew to go off to other continents and other cultures just because they had heard that still, small voice, ask "Who will go for us?" and they had replied, "Here I am, send me."  Some of my friends and family still see us in that old mode and think we are very brave.  We are not.  We are just called as God has been calling His children since time began.  I think the hardest jobs in the ministry are those in the lands of the affluent where religion has become almost meaningless.  Several of my missionary friends are from countries where church attendance is less than 5% and even those from America know that back home ministers everywhere are facing an uphill battle with the economy, school shootings, political unrest, and the people of one party hating the people of the other.  We pray here for the ministers there who we believe have the really hard jobs.  Here, a flower will bloom almost anywhere you drop the seed.  There, first you have to rip up the pavement to even find some dirt in which you can plant.  We have the far easier task, but we still need prayers for no matter where you are, God has called you to serve Him in that spot to the best of your ability.  We pray that all who have answered His call will hear these words when they finally stand before their King, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Post a Comment