Thursday, December 27, 2012


Quote of the Day:   You never know how God will send you a thank-you note.   Me

The two boys I helped with tuition for secondary school needed more help today because they had to pay for their own desks, so I happily helped with that.  Less than 20% of the students finishing elementary school pass the English test to get into secondary school, but both of these boys were also graduates of Karen's English classes here.  I didn't know that until today when Karen told me, so now we are both proud.  The kids here have to overcome so many obstacles to get an education, it's a miracle that any make it through.  Being able to help is a blessing for us as well as them.  Yesterday, I also told you that we were delivering two biosand filters today to provide clean, safe water for another sixty Tanzanians.  I was wrong.  We did deliver two biosand filters, but it was to two American missionary families who are here to translate the Bible into local languages.  They were very appreciative but it will only be eight people who will have safe water.  Those eight will be expanding the Kingdom of God here, so that's a good thing, too.  The biggest Christmas miracle of all was that John found some frozen broccoli in Musoma (we don't get that here) and so we will have "turkey divan" for dinner tonight.  It has been a long time since I have had that and am really looking forward to it.  I told you yesterday we were blessed, and so we are.
Post a Comment