Tuesday, December 4, 2012


Quote of the Day:  “The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting” ― Andy Warhol

We got a package today from the States, and we always love getting packages.  This one was just for us--well, us and Charlini.  My daughter-in-law, Brenda, fell in love with Charlini both times she has visited here, so there was a gift for Charlini in with our stuff, too.  Sometimes, we just need things you cannot get anywhere near here, not even in Nairobi.  Gas-X, for example, and Rubbermaid ice cube trays, and a special art eraser for Karen.  My son, Chris, sent my son, John, two new video games (which he is playing as I write this).  I got a present, too, a new chronograph watch, and John got a watch made out of wood which is really beautiful.   I also got some diabetic candy which is very nice and DVD's of two operas, Carmen and La Traviata.  Funnily enough, no opera is performed anywhere around here, and I will still have to wait till almost everyone is in bed to play them--quietly, but I don't mind.   We know there are other packages in the mail, some for us and some to help with the albino children here.  We don't care that it takes two to three months to get here.  Just knowing that something is on the way makes us happy.  Waiting and anticipation can be good things, but most of us have forgotten that.  People waited a long time for their Redeemer to come, but He did--and changed the world.  The waiting was well worth it.
Post a Comment