Wednesday, November 14, 2012


Quote of the Day:   Today marks the beginning of my 68th year.  Who woulda thunk it?   Me

John is much better today but still suffering--malaria is like that.  He doesn't recommend it for children or other living things.  Since he is a healthy adult who was able to get medical treatment immediately, it is unlikely he will have anything other than some bad memories, but it kills many, many children under five as well as pregnant mothers.  Karen has gotten one of her infections under control, so the doctor can focus on the second one.  Shaban is heading to Dar Es Salaam tomorrow to get medicine for his wife who suffers from high blood pressure and depression.  We will be praying him there and back again.  Oh, and today is the birthday of the Prince of Wales who is now 64 years old.  Coincidentally, it is also my birthday, but I am four years older so being switched at birth if highly unlikely.  We used to exchange gifts until it got embarrassing for me.  I am just happy to have another year to serve.  It's all I ask.  It's all I ever ask.
Post a Comment