Thursday, November 22, 2012


Quote of the Day:   “Thank you seems so inadequate, but it's all we have.” ― Me

A lot to reflect on today.  Juliana, our cook, is out sick.  Since Karen is also sick, as is John, and Howa (Lusi's fill-in) doesn't cook, it means me--for Thanksgiving no less.  So, I sent Shaban about 30 kilometers away to the Serengeti Stop-Over to pick up some chicken, chips, and spaghetti which will be our Thanksgiving, but boy am I thankful that is an option.  Edina is also out with malaria as is Amos, our security guard.  I am thankful that Karen and John are receiving treatment, taking their meds, and improving.  I am thankful that those who suffer here can get comfort from their faith.  We have only very primitive medical support here, and few can afford to go to Musoma or Mwanza where it is better.  I am thankful that I have my wife and son here and the support of my sons and their wives back in the States.  I am thankful for the One Book Foundation and their support.  I am thankful that I have lived long enough to live in Tanzania and serve these wonderful children of our Lord.  In short, I am very, very thankful this day.  I pray that everyone can recognize their blessings for what they are and be comforted.  God bless you all as you gather with family today and may God especially bless all those who cannot be with family--we hold you in our hearts.
Post a Comment